This is a guest blog from Cote d’Azur Villa Rentals. We hope that you that enjoy the contrast!
Top 5 Tips for Booking The perfect Holiday Villa in the South of France
Beachfront? Village Centre? Out in the Countryside? Whatever you crave for your perfect summer holiday then you can pretty much find it in the South of France. This is a region of contrast, beautiful blue skies, white sandy beaches and a wonderful gastronomic and cultural heritage.
But faced with the choice how do you decide where to book? Here are our top 5 Tips of great locations.
St Tropez, Cannes, Mougins, Villefranche-sur-mer and Cap d’Antibes
- St Tropez – Well of course! Ever since Brigitte Bardot made this small fishing village famous in the 1960s, this has been the place for a summer full of glitz and glamour. Here you will find exclusive private beach clubs, designer boutiques and some of the most luxurious rental villas in the region. Our tip is to stay across the bay in St Maxime, much less expensive and just a 10 minute ride across the water into the heart of St Tropez.
- Cannes – Famed for the annual film festival Cannes is also one of the more glamorous locations in the South of France. There are few villas within walking distance of the town and most can be found above the heart of Cannes in areas such as Super Cannes. But beware, make sure that your trip doesn’t clash with one of the major annual conferences held in Cannes each year or you’ll be battling traffic and inflated prices in the restaurants and cafes.
- Mougins – One of the hidden gems of the South of France. This tiny ‘perched’ village in the hills above Cannes is perfect for those wanting a quieter summer holiday but with easy access to Cannes and the coastal areas. There are many gorgeous period villas here and you can enjoy the peace and tranquillity afforded by large gardens and open spaces.
- Villefranche-sur-Mer – This simply delightful fishing village is located next to its more glamorous cousin, St Jean Cap Ferrat. Wander through cobbled streets and enjoy a glass of chilled rose overlooking the port. Villas here are located just above the main town and this is the place to come if you want to enjoy a spectacular sea view without paying the premium of Cap Ferrat.
- Cap d’Antibes – Possible the most exclusive location to rent a holiday villa there are still some surprisingly great value rental properties here and the white sandy beaches of the Cap make this a great choice for beach lovers.
See you in the South of France this summer!